Sunday, September 18, 2011

Transmissions, lol

It lased me 15 drag runs, and 1500 miles before i killed it

Goodbye POS wide ratio 5 speed









I was driving normally, and my 2nd, 5th and reverse gears all went out at the same time, i found this after.

I also found a bunch of ball bearings inside the gear oil






More broken transmission











Previous owner never told me the clutch was brand new, i glazed that bitch over hard core

This is what drag racing does to a clutch with 200 miles on it.

it was a mirror shine, oddly the pressure plate still looked brand new!




Compared to my brand new one (which was the wrong size..)

They sent me a 240 mm friction plate instead of a 225


And finally, the coveted 1983 280zx close ratio 5 speed transmission.

this tranny is amazing, it shifts smooth, the gearing is tight.

now i just need to change my rear end gears to make up for the taller first and second in this trans.

No comments:

Post a Comment