Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Brake calipers.

My right front caliper kept seizing on me after i drove it for a few miles.  It was pissing me off so i bought a replacement one.

You can see the hyper extended piston.. it refused to retract, even on the vice!



2 days of driving 2 miles round trip to and from work.  I had to limp the car and used engine braking to stop.








New vs old.












This is what the left side looked like.. all shitted up. The new one was a grey color.

I cleaned them both off with brake cleaner and got all the crud off them.








Painted them red, because red brakes stop faster.



I never took a picture but the paint around the sumitomo was covered up in the end.. i didn't like the silver showing through, it was to small to notice.









So much brake dust.











Funny enough after i replaced all of this, including the hardlines it seized up again.

i was mad.

it ended up being a 10$ soft brake line hose, no problems ever since. But i guess it was still a good idea to replace everything anyways for peace of mind.







No comments:

Post a Comment